Monday, November 4, 2013


Genetic Counselor
 

Duties and Responsibilities: A genetic counselors job is to inform families about genetic disorders. They help prepare them for a situation they might be put into. They might also help families find local resources that can be great use to them. They don’t even fully understand the disorders but they work with doctors to get a better idea about the disorder and help the families.

Salary: $40,000-$70,000

Education: To become a Genetic Counselor you need a diploma or GED then you need to get a Masters in genetic counseling. To prepare for this career you can take undergraduate courses such as chemistry, biology, genetics, and phycology.  




Answer:  I think that I would want to be a Genetic Counselor because it looks like a good and exciting career. I think that if I was to go with his career I would learn a lot not only about the course work but about children and their families. This career is all about helping others and I wouldn’t mind because when you help someone and you’re successful then that’s the best feeling.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment